My first ever blog post revolved around a delicious meat and potato dinner. It is amazing and has always been a favorite meal of mine. Not just because it’s easy either, but because it is one of the meals that even when you are stuffed full you really want to continue eating it. Since my very first post, I have revamped the recipe and make it THAT much better and a little bit more healthy for you. Don’t be fooled by the healthy addition though, it is even better now. Trust me!
What you need:
- 1 entire link of Polish Sausage
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 4-5 red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon of Kosher Salt
Throwing it all together:
- First thing’s first, let’s get to chopping! Chop everything up. Cut your link into small slices, slice up your peppers into slivers, and chop your onion up into big chunks! Make sure and cut your potatoes into even slices so they all get cooked through. You don’t want some potatoes that are burnt, some that are still stiff, and then some that are done. Just pay attention while you slice and keep them as uniformed as possible.
- While you are slicing, heat up your oil in a large skillet on medium high heat and have your oven preheating on 400 degrees. Then throw the meat and veggies into the skillet.
- Cook everything in the skillet just long enough to get a nice little sear on the sausage, so about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove everything from the skillet and place it into a 9×13 baking dish once the sausage gets a nice dark color on the outside. Then take your salt and evenly distribute it over the yummy goodness.
- Cover your baking dish with aluminum foil and bake until the potatoes are nice and tender, about 20-30 minutes depending on your oven.
Just talking about this recipe makes me want some, and I JUST had it yesterday. This recipe never gets old and my husband requests it ALL the time. I know you and yours will love it just as much 🙂 Enjoy!