A couple of years ago I took into a bite of something that blew my mind. Very few things in this world actually blow my mind, so I knew this was a hit. My cousin sent me a piece of her Pot Pie and I immediately asked for the recipe. When the list she gave me only consisted of 4 things it became THAT much better. Today as I was eating a yummy, warm, and perfectly creamy piece, I knew I needed to share it with you guys. It’s perfect for this time of year when it’s annoyingly cold and you just want to sit under a blanket all day. Let’s get cooking!
What you need:
- 2 pack of frozen pie crusts
- 1 can of cream of chicken
- 1 can of mixed veggies
- 1 large can of cooked chicken
Putting it all together:
- Preheat your oven to 350 and let your pie crusts sit out on the counter to get a little softer during the preheat time.
- Mix all of your canned ingredients together in a medium bowl for the pie filling.
- Take your filling and pile it all into one of the pie crusts.
- Take your second pie crust and lay it crust side down on top of the other pie crust (see picture below to get an idea of what it looks like).
- Take your fingers and press down on the aluminum pie pan of the second pie crust and then ease the edges of the pie pan up, pulling it away from the crust. This crust flattens on top of the bottom crust during the cooking process.
- Gently pull the pie pan off of the 2nd pie crust.
- Cover the edges of your pie crust with foil to prevent from burning.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until crust is nice and golden brown.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes and then EAT!
The filling itself is worth devouring.
What is your favorite winter food? 🙂