I’m no newbie when it comes to prayer. I have been praying everyday since I was a small child. I grew up in and out of church and recently just got back into it. Regardless of when and when I did not attend church, I have always prayed and had my faith. I believe prayer is powerful in so many ways. I have had mine answered over and over again, sometimes in ways that I didn’t even pray for. When it comes to Marriage, there is a reason a few prayers are said when you say your vows. It’s because it’s so vital to keeping your marriage at it’s best. Here are 5 very important things you should pray for your marriage each day.
- Pray for God to be wrapped up in your marriage. In the middle, above, below, all around, and in every single single inch of your marriage. When you place your Marriage into God’s hands, it is in the safest place it can ever be. With God guiding your Marriage, it will go to beautiful places. Yes, you will still have fights and the occasional tough time, but those are all for a reason. Be it to appreciate each other more or to realize just how important something may be. Trust God to take your Marriage to all of the right places.
- Pray to be the best spouse you can be. In today’s busy world, I see couples time and time again neglecting their spouse and their needs. Pray everyday for God to help you be the greatest Spouse you can be for your husband. We should always strive to be the best we can be so we can give our spouse the best of us. We expect the same from our husbands so we need to be able to do the same for them. We can’t always be perfect but giving it our best is important. We need to be able to be there for our spouses in all ways we possibly can. By praying for God to help us with this, he can help eliminate distractions that keep you from giving your Spouse the best.
- Pray for God to help the both of you to communicate with each other. I’m sure I have mentioned it before, but communication is one of the strongest, if not the strongest, piece in any marriage. Without communication, you can grow apart for your spouse, damaging the closeness you have. When you don’t communicate, wants and needs go unanswered and your happiness is effected. When you don’t communicate, you are damaging the bond the two of you share. You should always be able to tell your spouse anything and everything. This is one of the reasons having a person to spend the rest of your life with is so wonderful, you are never alone. If you are having trouble communicating in your marriage, pray for God to help you and your spouse learn how to do it effectively. This helps build trust, the other most important thing for a Marriage!
- Pray for God to fill your Marriage with respect. When you respect your spouse and your Marriage, you are going to treat them/it better. When you don’t have respect, you feel less obligated to care for your Marriage. When you respect your Spouse, you are even more in love with them and you are more likely to take your spouse seriously. Respect is a powerful force that can make or break your feelings for someone. Pray to God to help/sustain respect in your Marriage.
- Pray for God to help your Marriage go the distance. Divorce is running rampant these days. People are divorcing left and right, and it’s sad. Some people cripple under stressful times in their marriage, believing that starting over with someone else would be easier. God did not create divorce and doesn’t like it when a Marriage falls a part. So pray for God to protect your marriage from divorce and to help the two of you be strong when things get shakey.
There are many more things to pray for your marriage. You can never pray enough for your precious bond with your husband. Along with your Marriage, be sure and pray for your husband. Check back next week to see 5 ways to Pray for your Husband! I’m praying that all Marriages be filled with happiness and comfort today! Keep praying!
What are some things you pray for your Marriage?