Growing up, my mom had always made these delicious salmon patties. They were dipped in flour and deep fried in Vegetable Oil. They are INCREDIBLE. This past week I was curious on what to make with the extra Salmon I had on hand. Last week I made some yummy Coconut Crusted Salmon and had 4 pieces of Salmon left in the big bag of Salmon I got a really good deal on at the store. I’ve never been a fan of just plain Salmon or slightly marinated Salmon, I grew up eating it deep fried. When I came across the coconut recipe I figured I should give it try, and the big bag of it was cheaper than buying 2, 2 packs. But anyways, I had extra Salmon and you should really compare prices on all the different Salmon options you have at your store if you are a big Salmon lover.
My husband brought up the idea of Salmon patties. I was like, “YES!” I love Salmon Patties. But we have been eating our “dinner for lunches” on the healthier side. I like it that way. Not for dieting purposes, for health purposes. So I began to ponder if there was a healthier way to make them. Needless to say, after 1.5 hours in the kitchen experimenting, I had some delicious Salmon patties ready to dig into that came with no guilt. So I am excited to share the recipe with you. It is super easy to cook and you probably already have most of the ingredients on hand.
- 4 fresh Salmon Filets (skinless)
- 1 cup of Bread Crumbs (any kind, I used Traditional)
- 2 teaspoons of Dijion Mustard
- 2 Teaspoons of Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon of Sriracha (our your favorite hot sauce)
- 1/4 Cup of Diced Onions
- 2 Tablespoons of Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 3 Eggs
- 1.5 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Whip it up
- In a Blender or Food Processor, Chop together your Salmon, Eggs, and Parsley until the Salmon and Parsley is minced and the eggs are fully beaten. (You can beat eggs separate and Chop up the Salmon and Parsley by hand if you wish.)
- Mix the Salmon and Egg Mixture along with a nice pinch of Salt and Pepper, The Onions, The Soy Sauce, The Dijon Mustard, The Sriracha, and the Bread Crumbs together in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in pan on Medium High Heat. While it is heating up, pat out your Salmon mixture into patties.
- Once Oil is heated, cook the patties on each side for 4-5 minutes or until Golden Brown.
- EAT! 🙂
Serve with whatever your favorite veggies are. I served mine with Steamed Broccoli and Sauteed Mushrooms and Green Beans. It was delicious!
Have any questions or comments? What is your favorite way to eat Salmon. Comment below!