Happy New Year! I hope all of you had an amazing Holiday season. Over the Holiday Season, my husband was home for two whole weeks. He works second shift so to have all of that time with him was amazing and much needed. Over the long awaited break, I made some pretty yummy foods. probably the favorite dish I made was Smothered Fried Pork Chops. It is a super simple recipe with minimal work and minimal ingredients. Despite the minimal, it is packed full of delicious flavor that will leave you going back for seconds. It is certainly a comfort food. I adapted the recipe from my dad’s recipe. He has the same exact recipe except instead of Pork Chops he used Venison. It has always been a favorite meal of mine so when I didn’t have any Venison on hand, I got creative. Prepare to have your meal rotation changed forever, because once you try this, you won’t be able to make it just once!
What you need:
- 1 Can of Cream of Mushroom
- Half a can of Milk for Soup (whatever your favorite milk is)
- 4-6 Porkchops
- 1 Cup of Flour
- 1/2 cup of Milk for Dipping
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Pepper
- Vegetable Oil (or Canola)
Now..for the simple prep!
- Heat your oil up in a skillet on medium high heat (use enough oil to cover half way up your pork chop, about an inch).
- While your oil is heating up, mix up your salt,pepper, and flour in a shallow bowl.
- In a separate bowl, pour your 1/2 cup of milk.
- Dip your Pork Chops in your milk being sure to shake the excess off and then into the flour mixture, making sure the entire Chop is fully coated.
- Once Oil is heated, fry your Pork Chops and then set them aside on a paper towel lined plate.
- In a separate pan, bring your half can of Milk and can of Cream of Mushroom Soup to a boil.
- Once it is boiling, turn down heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in Pork Chops into soup mixture and coat both sides.
They are now ready to serve. SEE HOW EASY?! And it is AMAZING. Serve with some mashed potato and rolls and then wah lah, you have the perfect meal! My husband devoured it.
Let me know how your family enjoys this easy recipe. I love hearing feedback from you.