Pumpkin? Love it.
Crumbs? Love it (when it isn’t in my floor).
Cake? LOVE IT.
The Fall season is upon us, and as I have mentioned a time or two before, I LOVE Fall. Not just because the temperature is pure perfection, but the food is even better. Pumpkin is everywhere in everything, because it’s fantastic. Especially in desserts. When I saw this recipe from Cookies and Cups I HAD to bake it up.
This is my first fall dessert post, and I can easily assure you that it won’t be the last. In fact I already have one planned out to cook next week! But anyways, on to this delicious, fall flavor filled, Pumpkin Crumb Cake.
Not only does it taste amazing, chances are, you probably already have most of the ingredients. The ingredients are simple, which also makes this an easy and affordable dessert.
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups of Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup of Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 1 15oz can of Pumpkin
- 1 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 Cup of Butter
- 1 Teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice (Optional)
How to throw this all together:
- Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees.
- Make sure and spray a 9×13 dish down with some cooking spray.
- Whisk together your flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder. I recommend putting on an apron! 🙂
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, mix together your Sugar and Butter together, until it’s nice and mixed up. Then mix in your eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin.it already smells delicious at this point
- Mix in about 1/3rd of your dry mix, followed by half of your milk. Keep alternating your dry mix and milk, ending with your dry mix. Mix it for about a minute until it’s thick and smooth.look at those delicious looking swirls!
- Spread it evenly into your pan.I thought my festive yellow pan went well with the pumpkin cake
Time for your crumb mixture:
Take a pastry cutter or two knives and cut all of the crumb ingredients together.Then take the tops of your fingers and form little crumbs.
Then spread it all over your cake mixture.
*I added the pumpkin pie spice. The original recipe does not call for it.
Now all you gotta do is bake any where from 45-55 minutes depending on your oven. Just check it with a toothpick and make sure the center comes out clean.
Enjoy it 🙂 It tastes awesome fresh and leftover through out the week.
Let me know what you think below. Do you love pumpkin as much as I do, or do you have another favorite fall flavor?
Make sure and subscribe to keep up with all the yummy fall recipe’s i’ll be posting in the coming weeks!